Friday, July 12, 2013

Drawing Inspiration

"Don't give up on trying to do what you really want to do.  Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." ~ Ella Fitzgerald

A big struggle of mine, often, has been WHAT to draw...feeling inspired!  That hasn't been the case lately.  I am full to BURSTING with ideas.  The struggle now is getting them all down on paper.

It is when I decided to tap into the well-spring of MY HEART that the greatest inspirations have started to pour out...my characters are gaining more life, more validity and becoming much more honest!!!! My lines are becoming more confident and I think I am becoming a better emotional storyteller.
I am starting to see LOVE on the paper



Recently I stumbled upon the story of Tarra & Bella
*yes, I know, apparently I've been living under a rock since I am just now learning about this dynamic duo* 
I allowed myself to feel all sorts of painful emotions and realized the best way to cope would be to tell their story in my own words...
their's is a wonderful story of friendship and loss.
Sad
Endearing
Enduring
& ultimately inspirational!


3 comments:

  1. I didnt know about Tarra and Bella either. Thanks for the link.

    This piece looks like a good one. Maybe the Sanctuary will be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ted. I was thinking the same thing and thought it would be fun to work on as a Picture Book dummy project for my portfolio. I am working on the research and will post process photos along the way.

      Delete

Thanks for the comments! Good feedback is always appreciated, but please keep it polite and classy.